A surge in the number of temporary jobs available is offering renewed hope to North Staffordshire job seekers.
Newcastle-under-Lyme based Brampton Recruitment is reporting high demand due to renewed economic optimism and the summer holiday season.
“It is looking likely that there will be more temporary roles available this summer than in recent years,” said Claire Leigh, Managing Director of Brampton Recruitment.
“Early July has seen a surge in optimism with news of growth in both the service and manufacturing sectors and a survey from the British Chambers of Commerce suggesting that business confidence is at its highest level since 2007.”
Vacancies currently available at Brampton Recruitment include:
- Purchasing Assistant, £14-16,000, dealing with spare parts and dealing with parts numbers etc, 6 months
- HR Assistant, until 31st Dec 2013, £20k pro rata
- Sales support administrator, Temp to poss perm, £14-16k good word and excel skills
- Recruitment Resourcer, 3 months temp role £16k pro rata
- Telesales Executive, 12 month contract OTE £18k
- Part time telesales; 3 days per week £8ph
- CAD Technician, Temp to perm role £25-27,000
- As well as various temporary roles for the Stoke on Trent Council
Short term temp roles such as
- Receptionist; w/c 22nd July 2 weeks
- Administration assistant, w/c 15th July until 26th
- Receptionist – 3 days, 11th July
Claire said that temporary roles can prove ideal both for people who have been employed and need something as a stop gap and students looking to boost their finances during the summer holidays.
“There are two markets, students looking to supplement their student loan and people looking for work. We can help with both.
“I would advise anyone looking for a permanent job to consider taking on temporary work.
“Temporary jobs can often turn into permanent roles as people get a chance to show off their skills and willingness to work and opportunities arise whilst then are temping.
“Many managers find gaps in a job seeker’s CV to be a major barrier and a willingness to take on a temporary role can often impress, it also gives the individual the chance to gain experience within new industries.
“We also work with people who only want part time work and are called back time and again to cover holidays and sickness by the same company, so these roles can be ongoing for a considerable amount of time.”
For media enquiries contact Nigel Howle on 07762043436 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
- Brampton Recruitment is one of the area’s leading independent recruitment agencies and specialises in recruitment within the commercial sector in Staffordshire, the Midlands and across the North West.
- The team helps place individuals in temporary, contract and permanent positions with employers from major multi-national companies to small independent firms.
- Brampton was founded by Claire Leigh in 2006.
- It is based at Queens Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire..